Dienstag, 21. November 2017

Alpen Travel Tips: Christmas in EDINBURGH



Edinburgh - stronghold of the North and one of my favourite cities in the world. With it's magnificent castle perched high-up on the volcanic rock, it lords over the city below and dominates the night sky with its majesty for miles around.

CHRISTMAS MARKETS



In my recent visit to Edinburgh, I was surprised to find out that they have their very own spectacular Christmas market - in fact they have TWO! The one I discovered is nestled beneath the castle in East Princess St Gardens. 



They not only have quaint wooden huts selling crafts and wares, however they have built a whole theme park, including rides and a Ferris Wheel to entertain.

The market runs from 18th November through 6th January. More information can be found here: Edinburgh Christmas Markets

OTHER ENTERTAINMENT



Besides visiting the Castle (a MUST when in Edinburgh), and walking (and shopping) up and down the Royal Mile, - not to forget sampling Haggis and Scottish beverages in the many pubs along the way, my niece, Nicole, and I decided to try out an evening haunted walk.
The legendary
Greyfriar's Bobby


We chose to do it up royally and booked the "Double Dead" double feature haunted walk which takes one into the super scary haunted vaults under the city and ends up in the Covenanter's Prison in the  Greyfriar's Graveyard. 

It was a full moon night and well worth it to learn about and see "the darker side" of Edinburgh. Our guide was fantastic and left us all with shivers. 

To book go to City of the Dead Tours



BOO!





               **************************************************

I have so many more suggestions of things to do in Edinburgh, but have run out of room on this BLOG post. Feel free to EMAIL me with questions or for more of my suggestions. I love sharing my favs with my fans!


******************************************************************
ME! In a pre-historic
Irish Bee Hive Hut
  ABOUT
ALPEN TIPS & PICKS 
European Travel Adventures

Enjoy your next trip to England or Scotland! Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions when planning your own trip to England, Scotland, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria or Bavaria! After living in and travelling to Europe for almost 30 years, I love to help plan and recommend as and when I can! 

I can even assist in bookings and being a personal guide if one likes! My trips offer a unique and much more personal perspective to traveling in Europe than commercial operators.

Read a little bit more about me and my travel style and services in my BIO HERE

Enjoy the adventure!

Mary Dawn DeBriae



European Tips and Picks -
Alpen Schatz Style


"LIKE" this Post? Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/alpenschatz?pnref=story

and our super cool Euro Alpine style website:


Keine Kommentare: